Saturday, September 23, 2017

2016 Part 2

I had a feeling that I missed some things that I made in the last half of 2016.  Sure enough, as I went through my photos I found a few more things.
This was an easy cowl to knit.  



Nathan loves to wear hats out in the yard - so I crocheted a fox hat for him.


The beginning of my second pair of socks. The pattern was from Purl Soho online I believe and the yarn was Patons Kroy Sock.

This is the mistake rib hat I made for my brother for Christmas - turns out the matching scarf was made for Christmas 2015.

This cute little quilt was a Moda Bake Shop pattern - free on their website. Lots of little pieces but worth it -- gave this to my sister in law for Christmas.

I knitted this cute sweater for my grandson Nathan. The yarn was a Plymouth Encore part wool - so soft and squishy.

I crocheted this polar bear hat for my grandson, Cole.

Christmas in the new house.  

I was thrilled that these pansies lasted the entire winter.


It's been nice to finally pull these last two posts together and look at all of the projects I was able to complete. The year was a very difficult one and having these projects to concentrate on helped to make the long days go easier.  Mom continued to get weaker, but she rallied a bit with each visit in November and December by her grandkids, great grandsons and my brother and sister in law. We celebrated her 86th birthday on December 22nd.

So here I am - finally able to turn the page on 2016 in blogland.  I'm looking forward to starting on my 2017 posts. I hope you'll join me - and please let me know you stopped by.

Pat

No comments:

Pat & Tony

Pat & Tony
Me and my best friend!