Monday, March 22, 2010

All-Machine Sewn Cathedral Window Blocks


I was so excited the day I found Chris' tutorial on how to sew a cathedral window completely by machine.   http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads.com/photo/albums/cathedral-window-wallhanging  (By the way ~ the community of quilters on Connecting Threads website - "quilt with us" is really a neat place!
I LOVE cathedral windows and hope to someday make a bed size quilt - but for now have been making smaller items.  My banner picture is a table runner that was done mostly by hand.  However, the above block became a small pillow and was done all by machine.  It is amazing how well it comes out.  I once saw table runners and bed quilts in Lancaster, PA that were cathedral windows all done by machine - but I could never figure out how they did it.  If you love cathedral windows - you may like to try following Chris' tutorial - its really not hard - it looks harder than it really is.  Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Love Of Quilts said...

That is going to be a pretty pillow...thanks... I will check it out.Trish

Pat & Tony

Pat & Tony
Me and my best friend!