Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Christmas Cactus Blooms Again

One of my favorite plants! Marge, a friend of mine gave me this plant when she was volunteering at The Open Door Pregnancy Center in Toms River, NJ, where I was on staff as Executive Director.  Marge was our Shared Blessings Clothing Room coordinator.  She is now a board member of Grace Initiatives which is a maternity housing ministry I co-founded in 2004.

The cactus has really grown since I first received it.  It usually blooms right before Christmas and right before Easter.  Its early this year!!

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:3-5




1 comment:

Pat & Tony

Pat & Tony
Me and my best friend!